Friday, March 13, 2009

How Evil is Bernie Madoff?

I feel for my pal Bernie. He stole some money, OK, a lot of money, but basically he stole money from people who didn't do their homework and relied on faith and the "watchful" eye of the government. Well, once again our fearless feckless leaders blew it. Remember that. What isn't being said and what I find fascinating is the total irony of the situation.

Over and over again I see rich people talking about how Mr. Madoff stole their life savings and I can't help but notice that if Mr. Madoff were an agent of the government, we would be applauding him. His only real crime, because taking from the rich is not a crime, is not giving to the poor. Wait, he did give to the poor. Oh well, I guess no good deed goes unpunished. Our moral lesson in immorality is that all animals are equal but some are more equal than others.

0 comments:

Post a Comment