Sunday, March 8, 2009

Natural Selection Never Fails

Recently I commented on Deal or No Deal. Well, there is yet another example of natural selection in action: Charles Barkley. Now don't get me wrong, I really enjoy him as a commentator on TNT but, how do I say this tactfully...hmmm...oh yeah, what an idiot! I don't encourage drinking and driving (and nor does anyone else other than some hardcore libertarians) but possibly the only reason someone would contemplate breaking the law would be of utter necessity. Mr. Barkley, on the other hand, is a very wealthy man. Why, WHY, didn't he call a cab? It's not like he can't afford it. I predict that 20 years from now Mr. Barkley will be yet another formerly rich athlete. Our country likes to redistribute wealth from those that have it to those that don't under the pretense that the "have nots" were unlucky. I hope we can all agree that Mr. Barkley has been more than lucky and let's make a pact now that no matter what happens we will keep our money and let him live with the consequences. Maybe, if he has another hot date, I'll give him money for a cab ride!

0 comments:

Post a Comment