Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Capitalism: A Love Story

I want to see this movie. I really want to see this movie. But I won't. I won't because I believe in capitalism and it's many virtues. One of those being my choice on how to spend my hard earned money. In every transaction we always have the ability to walk away and that's what I am going to do. I only wish Mr. Moore would indulge me by living up to his virtues.

A little while ago I wrote a post, "Would you cure cancer?". That post talked about up front costs and marginal costs of production regarding drugs. It just so happens that movies are just like drugs. It takes millions to make a movie, but once it is made, seeing it is practically costless. I mean, how much more does it cost for one extra person to sit in an empty theatre? So I implore Mr. Moore: Help me, help you destroy capitalism and give me a free ticket. I need it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment